What I enjoy most is traveling to different places and meeting new people. For me, it's all about life experiences, and I'm very delighted to share my experience through this blog that allows me so many interesting and fulfilling journey to share with you. Through this blog I'm trying to share my experience, picture post, image host, photo image, snaps, online photo, cricket, Sports and many more by me or through sources

Friday, May 29, 2009

Places to Be Visited near Banglore Karnatka : Mekedatu Trip Advisor to Mekedatu


I Love to travell specially if the places is adventures like Mekedatu. Me along with my friends had booked a Qualis for the journey. We started on our journey at 9:10 AM. The route to reach Sangam is via Kanakapura. Since we were unsure about the availability of food at Sangam, we had our breakfast at a hotel in Kanakapura.
Here are some excited images.
‘Mekedatu’ is the place where the Kaveri (Cauvery) River flows through a narrow ravine. Legend has it that the channel was so narrow that sheep would jump across, and hence the name Mekedatu (Meke = sheep/goat, datu = cross in Kannada).


How to reach there:

To reach Sangama, drive on Kanakapura road from Bangalore. You need to leave the highway after Kanakapura and take a left. Inquire once you reach the town. Another option is to take a circuitous route by driving on the highway till Satanur and taking a left from there. Once you are in Sangama, you can take a bus that keeps shuttling between Mekedatu and Sangama. But most people prefer to walk leisurely along the riverbank. To go to Chunchi falls, take a left turn around 5km before Sangama. There is a sign on the road which you will not miss.

By Bus
There are lot of busses from Banashankari to Kanakapura, the travel time around 100 minutes. From Kanakapura, busses will start from once in 2 hrs to Mekadatu (35 km streach). After 30 min of travel, we can start enjoying the natures beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment